Lady Gaga is a mystical being who over the years has seemed to possess an invisible force field that blocks lots of things–like House of Gucci Oscars, Heidi Montag being able to secure a career in the music industry, and having to make small talk with Caitlyn Jenner at their local Starby’s. This week though, it looks like she had an actual invisible shield constructed on stage at her Chromatica Ball show in Dusseldorf. Video from the show went viral after it showed an object that a fan hurled toward the stage at “Mother Monster” quickly bouncing backwards as it approached, much like Madonna probably would if she were about to walk into a room where Born This Way was playing.
Real Housewives of New York star Sonja Morgan is many things: former Hot Slut of the Day, socialite, philanthropist, entrepreneur, international lifestyle brand, homeowner, toaster oven peddler, historian, intern-mentor, “caburlesque” performer, and, of course, the straw that stirs the drink. Now you can add “magician” to Ms. Morgan’s list of descriptors, cuz last night on RHONY Sonja achieved the impossible. She downed a glass of red wine through her face mask without spilling a drop. I’m extremely confused about how this worked, because this was a sparkly fabric mask without any obvious holes in it. I guess Sonja sucked so hard and fast (heh) that the liquid didn’t get a chance to pool or spill? I’m not sure. We actually need a scientist to explain the physics of it all. Continue reading
Stevie Nicks, the songstress witch that inspired a million mid-2000s Coachella lewks (seriously, she really missed an opportunity to create a cheap line of shawls and lace-up bodice dresses modeled by Vanessa Hudgens for Target before the festival style switched to oversize 80s neon t-shirts) was recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for the second time. While there are 22 men who have been given the honor, Stevie is the the first woman to have been selected twice; the first time for being Head Witch in Charge (sorry, Christine McVie) of Fleetwood Mac and this time as a solo artist.
Since 2019 is a take no prisoners grab the dirt bags by the balls kind of year, Stevie is HERE for the honor and gave an interview with Rolling Stone that lets us into some of the nuances of her enchantress magic, and yes, it’s just as good as you would expect from the ethereal feathered hair sorceress that is Stevie Nicks.
Harry Potter fans just can’t let the series rest, and as long as author J.K. Rowling is alive, they will harass her for any scrap of wizarding info she can throw down their thirsty muggle throats. On the Harry Potter fan site Pottermore, fans got a bit more than they bargained yesterday, on National Trivia Day, when it was revealed that before Hogwarts had plumbing, wizards used to shit and pee wherever they were standing and then vanish the evidence with magic. 99% of Harry Potter fans are disgusted by this news. The other 1% just started their own special Harry Potter fan site for wannabe wizard nerds that are also into anachronistic poop play. Continue reading
And this post is going to be extraordinarily complimentary of witches because I don’t want piles, my car to explode, or Trump winning another election. A beautiful obviously misunderstood real-life witch supposedly placed a real-life curse on Practical Magic, the movie where Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock played witch sisters who liked margaritas. The book was good but the movie was incomprehensible to critics and considered a flop despite a healthy showing at the box office. Since then, it’s become sort of a cult classic. Practical Magic director Griffin Dunne did an interview with Vulture, where he explained that this movie got savaged by the critics because of a witch he hired as a consultant. That poor witch! Getting blamed for Griffin’s ineptitude! Leave witches alone
OR THEY WILL CURSE YOU AND YOU OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE WILL DIE! Continue reading