From The Department Of Read The Damn Room: Prince Hot Ginge And Meghan Markle Have Broken Up With Four British Tabloids In A Letter
Prince Hot Ginge and Meghan Markle have made it Windex fresh clear that they would rather play Fortnite with Prince William and Duchess Kate on a commercial flight than deal with the British tabloids. They’ve thrown lawsuits at the British tabloids. They’ve shit on the British tabloids in written statements and on TV. Not only have those in the back heard how much PHG and Meghan hate the British tabloids, those in the next building (hell, in the next zip code) have heard it. But they have let us know again in a break-up letter to four British tabloids, telling those lie-telling bitches to lose their number because they are done communicating with them FOREVER. PHG and Meghan’s latest slap down on the British tabloids is happening because of a new filing in her case against one of the tabloids. But still, everyone has taken a break from dealing with a full-on pandemic to shed another tear over PHG and Meghan’s famous people media woes.
Ever since the beginning of their relationship, PHG has spit at the tabloids for being extra messy and racist with Meghan. Last year, Meghan sued The Mail on Sunday for publishing an edited version of a letter she sent her father Thomas Markle. There’s a hearing for that case this Friday (it’s being held remotely) and ahead of that hearing, Meghan’s lawyers submitted a new legal filing, as well as telling four tabloids to fuck off again.
In their statement, they say that they are not shutting out all media, just four tabloids, and that it’s not about them being allergic to criticism. It’s about The Daily Mail, The Express, The Mirror, and The Sun shitting out blatant lies. It’s basically a fancy version of the note I get from an ex when I contact them via carrier pigeon after they’ve blocked me from everywhere else.
This evening Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan told the editors of four major British tabloids that they will never deal with them again. Their letter — written by representivies for the couple and sent to the Daily Mail, Express, Mirror and The Sun — can be read in full below👇🏻 pic.twitter.com/SwF3afIBvG
— Omid Scobie (@scobie) April 20, 2020
If you don’t want to read all that, here’s the gist via People:
Their new media policy means they will not communicate with, respond to or answer any enquiries from these four outlets. The couple says this is not a “blanket policy for all media.”
“It is gravely concerning that an influential slice of the media, over many years, has sought to insulate themselves from taking accountability for what they say or print — even when they know it will be distorted, false, or invasive beyond reason,” the couple says in the letter. “When power is enjoyed without responsibility, the trust we all place in this much-needed industry is degraded.”
The letter continues, “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have watched people they know — as well as complete strangers — have their lives completely pulled apart for no good reason, other than the fact that salacious gossip boosts advertising revenue.
“With that said, please note that The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not be engaging with your outlet. There will be no corroboration and zero engagement. This is also a policy being instated for their communications team, in order to protect that team from the side of the industry that readers never see.”
And here’s Meghan’s latest legal filing, which has been detailed by Omid Scobie, the royal editor for Harper’s Bazaar and royal correspondent for ABC.
Duchess Meghan’s lawyers have filed their reply to the Mail on Sunday ahead of Friday’s hearing. As already reported, she’s suing Associated Newspapers for invasion of privacy and copyright infringement after printing a private letter sent to Thomas Markle in 2018. pic.twitter.com/X2Umfcfuxo
— Omid Scobie (@scobie) April 20, 2020
As for Omid Scobie, if you asked The Sun’s Dan Wootton, he’ll tell you that Omid probably called up the tabloids today and said, “But I’m not breaking up with you, boo boo.”
You might have to stop selling lots of stories to the tabloids now you’re Meghan’s PR rep, er, I mean favourite “journalist”! https://t.co/3lHNE8IfCb
— Dan Wootton (@danwootton) April 20, 2020
Speaking of ABC, Meghan just so happened to make an appearance on today’s Good Morning America in what’s basically a commercial for that Disney+ docuseries she did the voiceover for.
On top of all of that, TMZ says that the legal docs Meghan filed showed what we already knew: that she and PHG texted and called Thomas Markle before their royal wedding and asked him to stop opening his mouth the press. There’s one text that Meghan sent after it was reported that Thomas had a heart attack, right before her wedding. Meghan wonders why he’s ignoring her and says that they’re just concerned about his health and asks if they should him a security team again. And PHG reportedly texted this to Thomas:
“Tom, Harry again! Really need to speak to u. U do not need to apologize, we understand the circumstances but ‘going public’ will only make the situation worse. If u love Meg and want to make it right please call me as there are two other options which don’t involve u having to speak to the media, who incidentally created this whole situation. So please call me so I can explain. Meg and I are not angry, we just need to speak to u. Thanks.”
Those texts obviously worked because Thomas Markle never blabbed to the press again!
So there you go, it’s not the first time and it’s definitely not the last time we’ve heard that if PHG so much as lays eyes on a reporter from The Daily Mail, he’ll spit on and choke that bitch out. Now if you’ll excuse me I need to put together the perfect hat to wear during my post-quarantine strolls through Bel-Air.