Megan Thee Stallion Has Sued Her Record Label, Will Release New Music This Week

March 3, 2020 / Posted by:

They really thought they were going to mess with Megan Thee Stallion. She’s not called “Megan Thee Pony”! Megan took to the Internets to call out her record label 1501 Certified Entertainment for refusing to change what she says is a shitty contract. So after their refusal, Megan has filed a lawsuit against 1501 and has also taken out a restraining order against them, which keeps 1501 from blocking her from releasing new music, which is what she’s going to do on Friday.

1501 and its head bitch, Carl Crawford, were allegedly keeping Megan from releasing new music because she wanted to renegotiate the terms of her contract. Megan’s lawsuit claims that 1501 gets 60% of her recording income leaving her with 40%. But Megan says she has to use that 40% to pay engineers, mixers, and featured artists. And all income made for her live shows is paid directly to 1501. Megan says she’s only left with a little bit of cash after everyone is paid. She claims 1501 is supposed to give her an accounting breakdown of what she’s owed but claims they’ve provided “purposefully and deceptively vague” records. TMZ says that Megan is suing Carl Crawford and 1501 Certified Entertainment for at least $1 million in damages.

And a judge sided with Megan, granting her a restraining order because of some alleged “strong-arm” tactics. Megan claims Carl has been using a relationship with Rap-a-Lot Records founder J. Prince to intimidate people into not working with her. She claims at one point Carl pressured a producer to hand over beats by saying that Prince would be pissed if he didn’t.

“Prince is notorious in the industry for strong-armed intimidation tactics, and the comment was taken as a physical threat of harm.”

She also thinks J. Prince was part of an online smear campaign against her which included the revelation that she was arrested 5 year ago.

The temporary restraining order also prevents 1501 and Carl from “attacking or abusing her on social media.” And of course Megan reacted to the news on Twitter:

Megan’s attorney, Richard Busch told TMZ they aren’t finished yet and also teased her new music. Get that promo!

“We are very happy the Court granted our TRO and thrilled that the world should be able to now hear Megan’s new music on March 6. We will now proceed with the other claims set forth in the [lawsuit].”

I mean, if you aren’t promoting the newest track from your artist dropping on Friday while simultaneously commenting on a legal matter, how can you even call yourself an Entertainment Lawyer?!?

Pic: YouTube

Our commenting rules: Don't be racist or bigoted, or get into long-ass fights, or go way off topic when not in an Open Post. Also, promoting adblockers is not allowed. And some comment threads will be pre-moderated, so it may take a second for your comment to show up if it's approved.

src="https://c.statcounter.com/922697/0/f674ac4a/1/"
alt="drupal analytics" >