You would think it would take a lot for Bear Grylls to be brought down. Maybe losing in a fight to a namesake. Or getting fired by the Discovery Channel (oh wait, that happened). Perhaps forgetting that he just had asparagus before drinking his own pee. But it turns out all it took was some cranky-ass bee to shove its stinger into him. The Blast reports that Bear was filming his reality competition show Treasure Island on some godforsaken landmass in the Pacific when a bee stung him and he almost came close to being sent to that eternal golden shower in the sky. You’d figure that’s his idea of the afterlife, right?
Here’s what Bear looked like after the bee had its way with him:
Bear Grylls knocked out by bee sting during life threatening allergic reaction in a remote part of the Pacific during filming for latest survival TV series https://t.co/uWl68vZOyx
— The Sun Showbiz (@TheSunShowbiz) August 30, 2019
Because Treasure Island is a show where contestants try to survive on an island with very little in the way of accouterment, they have medics on hand. This was lucky for Bear because he needed an EpiPen stat after he went into anaphylactic shock.
Grylls is tough (he managed not to ask Nick Jonas for a footjob because you know he’s kinky AF and that must have been difficult) so he kept on trying to film the show. His face swelling up like Cheeto Christ’s pee-pee at the thought of migrant children being taken from their parents clued him in that he needed help.
A brain surgeon on the island was surprised that a mere bee almost killed the most rugged man alive.
Mano Shanmug-anathan said it was odd to see the famous survivalist taken down a couple pegs by a bee.
“I think that Bear is an impressive guy. He understands his tasks at hand and knows what he has to achieve.”
“The irony of Bear the survivalist being stung, having the potential of an allergic reaction, and needing to be treated with an EpiPen, was a bizarre moment. That was crazy!”
Thoughts and prayers to Bear for being EpiPenned shamed after almost dying.