To promote her new show on Fuse, Big Freedia: Queen of the Bounce, Big Freedia and over 350 people got together in Herald Square in NYC, stuck their asses out and twerked until they beat the Guinness World Record for most people simultaneously twerking at one time. Big Freedia is the New Orleans bounce queen and she’s (call her “she” or “he,” just call her) and started twerking long before Billy Ray Cyrus’ plastic bag and rubber band condom broke and Miley was made, so if anyone should set the record it’s her. Guinness set the rules and didn’t play around with that shit. The rules were:
1. Body must remain upright, with movement concentrated in hips
2. Participants can put hands on knees or hips for support
3. Twerking action cannot comes from knees – hips only
4. Freestyling or additional choreography not permitted – no hands on the ground, feet in the air, twirling, etc.
5. Twerking action must be synchronized, can be at own pace
6. All participants must twerk simultaneously for two minutes when Big Freedia gives the signal
7. Any performers who do not participate fully for the entire two minutes will be deducted from the final total
Here’s Big Freedia showing everyone how twerking is done right:
After they twerked their way to the world record, Big Freedia let everyone know that Miley’s uncooked flatbread ass wasn’t the first ass to twerk, “It would open a lot of doors and set history for bounce music and let the world know that we’ve been twerking for a long time. This is not new at all. Now it’s time to set the record.”
Big Freedia shouldn’t celebrate just yet…. David Miscavige is totally going to dispute that ruling and claim that the world record belongs to Scientology. Because every Saturday night in the Scientology bathhouse, hundreds of male members slather their naked bodies in barley oil, bend over each other, put their hands on their knees and work their hips until all their butt Thetans explode. The world record belongs to them! They’ve been doing that eons.