Kevin Spacey Says There Are People Ready To Hire Him As Soon As His Sexual Assault Charges Are Cleared
Kevin Spacey’s sexual assault trial in London begins June 28, and, in anticipation of this monumental event, he did an interview with Germany’s ZEITmagazin (via NBC News). 63-year-old K-PAX says he knows people ready to hire him “the moment I am cleared of these charges.” Literally, “the second that happens,” these phantom employers are “ready to move forward.” It sounds like Kevin is confident that he will beat these charges. Not a shock, considering his whole thing these past few years has been “alarmingly delusional song-and-dance man.”
Kevin is facing twelve sex offense charges relating to events that allegedly took place between 2001 and 2013. He’s pled not guilty to all the charges. The trial is expected to last four weeks. Here’s exactly what Kevin said to the German newspaper (like Roman Polanski before him, the man loves Europe!):
“I know that there are people right now who are ready to hire me the moment I am cleared of these charges in London,” Spacey, 63, told German newspaper Die Zeit’s ZEITmagazin in an interview published Wednesday. “The second that happens, they’re ready to move forward,” he said in the interview, which took place last month and was billed as his first since the scandal.
Kevin’s career hit the skids back in 2017 when he was accused of sexual misconduct by Anthony Rapp. Kevin describes this periodas “the days when the shit was hitting the fan.” He says he was “still processing” that time in his life and was “not ready to talk about it yet.” Oh, boo fucking hoo. Kevin adds, “It’s a time in which a lot of people are very afraid that if they support me, they will be canceled.” He admits that he doesn’t think he’ll ever be able to rehabilitate his image in the media, and he doesn’t have any plans to write about the allegations against him (um, no one was expecting you to):
“I’m not trying to even the score,” Spacey said. “I have no interest in fighting something that’s not worth fighting against.”
Spacey said he believed that in “10 years” the allegations against him “won’t mean anything.” “My work will live longer than I will, and that’s what will be remembered,” he said.
“The moment scrutiny is applied, these things fall apart,” Spacey told ZEITmagazin, noting how in October, he was found not liable for battery against “Star Trek: Discovery” star Anthony Rapp. “That’s what happened in the Rapp trial, and that’s what will happen in this case,” he said.
The newspaper notes that their interview with Kevin was held on the same day as King Charles’ coronation and that Kevin had gotten up at 5:00 AM that morning to watch it on TV. He told them he played “two kings in my life” and “wanted to see what a real coronation looks like.” Bitch, be real; you just wanted to see if you could catch a glimpse of your best bud, Prince Andrew. Pervs supporting pervs…
Pic: Marco Provvisionato/IPA/INSTARimages.com/Cover Images