Jonathan Majors Is Facing More Abuse Allegations From Multiple Alleged Victims
In one millisecond, Jonathan Majors went from riding high as the internet’s panty-creaming sweetheart to crashing hard after he was arrested last month in NYC for allegedly hitting and choking his girlfriend. Well, in about two milliseconds, things have gone from “really fucking bad” to “really REALLY fucking bad.” Variety reports that several women have gone to the police with their own abuse allegations against Jonathan and are currently cooperating with the Manhattan district attorney’s office. Oh, so I guess this is the answer to the question, “Why did Jonathan Majors’ PR team and managers drop him so fast?”
After Jonathan was arrested on March 25, he was officially charged with misdemeanor assault, aggravated harassment, attempted assault and harassment. Right after the news of Jonathan’s arrest broke, some people in the industry popped up on Twitter to say that they’d heard nightmare stories about him for years. Now, Variety says that more women are talking to police and telling them that Jonathan definitely has earned a place in Hollywood’s Abusive POS club alongside with the likes of Mel Gibson.
Sources familiar with the matter tell Variety that multiple alleged abuse victims of Majors have come forward following his March arrest and are cooperating with the Manhattan district attorney’s office. The prospect of more women waiting in the wings would mark a dramatic turn in the case and comes on the heels of Majors’ publicists and management firm cutting ties with the embattled actor earlier this week.
The D.A. declined comment.
Of course, Jonathan’s defense lawyer Priya Chaudhry has been screaming about his innocence from the beginning. Priya said that Jonathan never abused anyone and that his alleged victim had an “emotional breakdown” and took back the abuse allegations. Jonathan’s team leaked text messages from the alleged victim to Jonathan, thinking that would clear his good name. But for many, it did the opposite since the messages sounded like paranoid pleas from a domestic abuse victim. Priya previously claimed they had video footage that would exonerate Jonathan. And yesterday, details and screenshots of the footage just so happened to end up on TMZ.
Jonathan’s alleged victim reportedly told police that he attacked her after she confronted him about texts from another woman on his phone. In court documents filed yesterday by Priya Chaudhry, it states that a driver is ready to testify that they never witnessed Jonathan attack the woman and, instead, witnessed her hitting and scratching him “while she was attempting to steal his phone.” The woman, who went to the hospital with her injuries, reportedly told police that she suffered a broken finger and a cut to the ear during the attack. Priya claims in the new documents that the woman went to a club after the alleged attack, and footage shows her using her hand to text Jonathan and also drink a glass of champagne. Priya thinks that proves the woman’s hand was never injured.
The documents go on to claim that after the woman left the club, she went to Jonathan’s apartment at around 3:30 in the morning. He wasn’t home at the time, but when he did arrive hours later, he allegedly found her in a bad way and called 911. via TMZ:
They say Majors got home at 11:13 AM, and found her unconscious and half naked on the floor of his walk-in closet. He also discovered she allegedly threw up in his bed, and told him she’d taken “a few sleeping tablets.”
Majors then called 911, and claim when paramedics arrived, the woman repeatedly told them “I don’t know” when asked what happened to her.
In the document, Chaudhry claims body cam footage shows police interviewing the woman, and “clearly coaching her to say that Mr. Majors grabbed her by the throat.” Chaudhry claims the alleged victim never made that claim to anyone prior to the officer’s direction.
On top of Jonathan’s management and publicists quitting that bitch, the US Army, Valentino, and the Texas Rangers have distanced themselves from him. Deadline also reports that Jonathan has been dropped from the movie The Man in My Basement and is no longer in talks to star in an Otis Redding biopic. Jonathan stars as Kang the Conqueror in the MCU and already filmed his scenes for the second season of Disney+’s Loki series. So far, Marvel and Disney haven’t said shit about this. A source claims that they are not thinking of dropping Jonathan at this time.
If Marvel sticks with Jonathan, then I’m guessing one of the taglines in their promo campaign for Loki‘s second season will be, “Hey, At Least Ezra Miller Isn’t In This.” And one of the taglines in the promo campaign for DC’s The Flash movie will be, “Hey, At Least Jonathan Majors Isn’t In This.”