Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Are Reportedly Working On An “At Home” Docuseries For Netflix
Ever since they turned in their resignations to The Firm, it seemed like Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were diligently putting the “non-working” in their titles as Non-Working royals. However, according to Page Six, Harry and Meghan have been quietly working behind the scenes shooting footage for an “at-home with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex-style” docuseries for Netflix. Page Six reports that Harry and Meghan were shadowed by a Netflix crew during their trip to New York City last September and sources tell them that cameras have been allowed to film inside of their Montecito home as well. Netflix may have bailed on Pearl, their animated series about “a 12-year-old girl who finds inspiration in a variety of influential women throughout history,” but they would very much like the tour of Meghan’s closet they paid for, like now. Yesterday even.
Between hemorrhaging subscribers, their stock price tanking and massive layoffs across the board, Netflix is over here looking sweaty as hell right now. So it makes sense that they’re hitting The Sussexes up for some content that doesn’t sound like an animated rehash of their debut Spotify podcast that is supposed to premiere this summer. Meanwhile, Meghan and Harry (above) are still all “Look over there!” every time their homework is due. Page Six reports:
It’s Keeping Up with the Sussexes!
Netflix will finally get its “pound of flesh” from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with an “at-home with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex-style” docuseries, Page Six can reveal.
Hollywood insiders are abuzz about the show, but while we’re told that Netflix chiefs would like the series by the end of the year to tie in Harry’s hotly-anticipated memoir, the Sussex camp would rather it air next year.
“The timing is still being discussed, things are up in the air,” said one producer in the know.
Meghan and Harry were also shadowed while participating in the Invictus Games last month, but that footage is for a separate documentary called Heart of Invictus. Reports of Harry and Meghan doing a reality-type show for Netflix aren’t new. Shortly after their deal was announced back in September of 2020, The Sun reported that they’d agreed to do a “fly-on-the-wall reality show” for the streamer, but that report was quickly poo-pooed by their rep who said “The duke and duchess are not taking part in any reality shows,” after Piers Fucking Morgan et al cried HYPOCRISY THY NAME IS MEGHAN because the couple had asked for privacy. Unfortunately for them, they also asked for a whole lot of money. And, according to Page Six, Netflix is coming for their “pound of flesh.”
It’s not yet known what will be included in the documentary, but in the time the Sussexes have been living in California, there has been a heap of headlines about the breakdown in their relationship with the royal family.
Last month, Harry, 37, and Markle, 40, flew to see the Queen ahead of her 96th birthday at Windsor Castle en route to the Netherlands, where Harry said his grandmother was in great spirits — and was making sure she was being looked after.
The Sussexes have also announced they will be taking their children, Archie, 3, and baby Lilibet — whose first birthday is June 4 — to London for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations next month.
I highly doubt they’ll be dragging a camera crew to film them sitting in the cheap seats at the Jubilee. If I had to guess, I’d say Netflix’s pound of flesh will probably be a cooking show to replace Cooking With Paris, but fancy, maybe something called The Unbearable Weight of Fame and Mutton: British Country Classics with Meghan and Harry. If it’s any consolation to all involved, I’d totally watch that!