The Oscars Will Offer A (Mostly) Plant Based Menu At The Governor’s Ball

January 28, 2020 / Posted by:

Maybe in an attempt to counteract the negative stigma of #OscarsSoWhite, The Academy Of Motion Pictures would like you to consider making #OscarsSoGreen trend instead. Following in the footsteps of The Golden Globes and the SAG Awards, the Academy has decided to green it up by offering a (mostly) plant based menu. According to The Daily Mail, The Academy has announced that the Oscars will be “completely green”, whatever that means. Who’s gonna check them on this? Is there an international board of green certifiers who do a walk-through with a clip board saying, “those centerpieces are a shade too teal, that’s 25 demerits!Joaquin Phoenix simply does not have the time! He’s busy trying to brush all the dirt out of his suit from the SAG Awards.

DM reports:

Earlier in the month Joaquin Phoenix convinced the Golden Globes to go vegan, while Jennifer Aniston and Russell Crowe used their speeches to call action for climate change.

And it appears as though the Academy Awards execs are taking note, with reports that the actual Oscars ceremony will be completely green with plant-based menus and no plastic bottles.

‘The Academy is an organization of storytellers from around the world, and we owe our global membership a commitment to supporting the planet,’ the organization said in a statement on Monday.

‘For the past decade, the Academy has been committed to reducing its carbon footprint. For the past seven years, the Oscars show has had a zero-carbon imprint.’

The statement added: ‘We continue to expand our sustainability plan with the ultimate goal of becoming carbon neutral.’

Joaquin was the person who urged the GG to offer a fully vegan menu. But as we learned from the movie Joker, we live in a society. And apparently, that society demands its Chilean sea bass. So the Oscars food won’t be 100% percent plant based. They famously don’t serve food during the Oscars ceremony (unless you get pizza delivered like Ellen did that one year), but the food offered in the lobby of the Dolby Theatre will be exclusively vegan, as was the food served at yesterday’s Nominees Luncheon (per The Hollywood Reporter). But the menu for The Governor’s Ball will be “70 per cent plant based with the remaining 30 per cent including vegetarian, fish and meat.” I don’t know why they even bother. They should just hand out In-N-Out coupons, since that’s what everybody’s gonna eat on their way to Vanity Fair’s after-party anyway.

Pic: Wenn.com

Our commenting rules: Don't be racist or bigoted, or get into long-ass fights, or go way off topic when not in an Open Post. Also, promoting adblockers is not allowed. And some comment threads will be pre-moderated, so it may take a second for your comment to show up if it's approved.

src="https://c.statcounter.com/922697/0/f674ac4a/1/"
alt="drupal analytics" >