I don’t know about you but one of the highlights of MY holiday season was cringe-watching alleged repeat sex offender Kevin Spacey’s latest bizarro and highly unnecessary video in which he appeared as the character he got fired from playing on a now-defunct tv show asking for global
attention kindness during the holidays. Kevin Spacey was probably in a good mood because, according to the New York Times, his 2020 is starting off right. For him. The estate of one of his accusers has officially dropped the lawsuit that had been filed against him because the plaintiff died in September. There will probably be a video posted at some point of Kevin as Frank Underwood from House of Cards clinking congratulatory champagne flutes with Death at his New Year’s Eve party.
Court documents filed on Monday revealed that the accuser’s estate has dropped the lawsuit against Kevin Spacey accusing him of sexually assaulting the former plaintiff, a massage therapist, in 2016. Contrary to a report by the Hollywood Reporter that claimed that there was a settlement, Kevin’s lawyer says that no money changed hands to end the suit.
“Mr. Spacey paid no money to the plaintiff,” Jennifer L. Keller, a lawyer for Mr. Spacey, said in an email on Tuesday night. “The plaintiff wished to dismiss the case and we stipulated to the dismissal to speed things up. What you see in the stipulation is all there is to see. Any reports to the contrary are false.”
Here’s what the massage therapist, known in court documents as John Doe, claimed that Spacey did to him. It might read a little familiar to you because Spacey has been accused by several other men of doing pretty much the same thing to them over the past couple of decades, including actor Anthony Rapp who unfortunately claims he was 14 at the time.
The massage therapist sued Mr. Spacey, 60, last January. He accused Mr. Spacey of grabbing his hand and putting it on the actor’s genitals during a massage at a home in Malibu, Calif., that had been rented by Mr. Spacey’s production company. The lawsuit claimed that Mr. Spacey groped and tried to kiss the massage therapist before offering him oral sex.
John Doe died at age 62 in September which left his estate with 90 days to take over as plaintiff of the case. In November, a California Superior Court judge signed an order appointing the man’s son as the special administrator of his estate.
Kevin Spacey also slithered out from under a sexual assault charge in Massachusetts in July. That case was dropped by prosecutors when the accuser, who claimed that Kevin had groped him at a Nantucket bar in 2016 when the accuser was 18, refused to testify about whether or not he had deleted cellphone evidence. Not to pitch a Netflix true-crime documentary, but this isn’t the first time that someone’s death let Kevin Spacey off the sex pest hook.