Drama At “Extra”: Mario Lopez Skips A Taping And AJ Calloway Is Officially Out After Sexual Assault Allegations

August 1, 2019 / Posted by:

Mario Lopez already apologized for his braindead remarks on transgender children and letting them express their identity. After appearing with Our Lady Of Blexit, Candace Owens, on her YouTube shit show–Mario faced backlash for his comments on the gender identity of children. We know Candace is ta mess, so she didn’t get any backlash. Mario, however, is out here pretending to be friends to the gays and works with GLAAD and shit. So to avoid his “cancellation” as they say, Mario made a quick apology. Well that didn’t stop him from skipping out on his taping of Extra. And more good news for Extra, they just had to dump AJ Calloway after months of not acting on a bunch of sexual assault accusations against him. Great week for the Extra producers; they must love their jobs.

Deadline says that Mario Lopez didn’t go into work on Extra (he’s soon leaving anyway for Access Hollywood) after all the blowback he’s received for saying that transgender children are too young to understand their gender identity–suggesting it was “dangerous” to support them in such a way.

There was no explanation for Mario ditching class, but the other Extra hosts, Renee Bargh and Tanika Ray interviewed GLAAD director Anthony Ramos and Dr. Johanna Olsen Kennedy who is an expert on trans youth and development at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles as part of Extra‘s major damage-control. They also gave this statement and threw Mario under the bus, drove over him, backed up, drove over him again, and then tossed an old coffee out the sun-roof so it would land on him:

“While we have enjoyed a long relationship with Mario Lopez, who we know to be a caring person, the opinions he expressed in this interview do not reflect those of Extra. We wholeheartedly embrace our friends from the LGBTQ community and believe they need support and love. For more support on these issues you can go to GLAAD.org.”

Also, The Huffington Post reports that Extra dumped co-host AJ Calloway who’d been accused by several women of sexual misconduct and assault. He was suspended back in February over the accusations but we never really heard about what was going on since then. Warner said they’d investigate it but there was no word after. Well, the investigation is done,I guess, and the conclusion was made to drop his ass. Apparently it was a “mutual” one.

Variety got this statement from Warner Bros. about the situation:

“The company has investigated the claims made into Mr. Calloway’s conduct and he and the company have mutually agreed to part ways.”

AJ had been working for Extra for 14 years.

This happened after author and activist, Sil Lai Abrams, tweeted about her long-standing accusations against Calloway and the seeming lack of response from Warner Bros. and Extra:

Sil Lai must have spooked the Warner Bros. execs because AJ was out the next day. I guess having one of your main dudes say supporting transgender children is “dangerous” and having an alleged sexual predator on the pay roll at the same time just cannot fly. I mean, in Warner Bros. defense: it used to until recently. Now that people are ‘woke’ you actually get in trouble for sexually assaulting women and being a bigot. Who’d of thought? Who know what AJ will do next, and I guess we’ll see if Slater dances back into class once the heat dies down.

Pic: Wenn.com

SHARE
Our commenting rules are pretty simple: If you make any overly offensive comment (racist, bigoted, etc..) or go way off topic when not in an Open Post, your comments will be deleted and you will be banned. If you see an offensive or spammy comment you think should be deleted, flag it for the mods and they'll be forever grateful and give you their first born (although, you probably don't want that).

Comments are closed.

src="https://c.statcounter.com/922697/0/f674ac4a/1/"
alt="drupal analytics" >