Since my first post about the terrorist attack at Ariana Grande’s show in Manchester last night, there’s been many more updates and each is awful than the last and has made some of us temporarily think to ourselves that we should use whatever is left in our checking account to build an underground bunker where we’ll stay the rest of our days. But that’s not going to happen, because that’s what the terrorist want and also because my checking account is filled with nothing but moth balls, empty wine bottles and overdrawn slips.
Last night, Greater Manchester police said that 19 people died so far and around 50 were injured. They later said that 59 people suffered injuries and 22 lost their lives, including a girl who was only 8 years old.
The bomber died in the attack, and the police arrested a 23-year-old man who have been involved. ISIS has claimed the attack, but well, ISIS would claim the fart I let out 10 minutes ago if they could.
Ariana’s Dangerous Woman tour was supposed to play the O2 Arena in London on Thursday night and Friday night, but that’s probably not going to happen. Those concerts haven’t officially been postponed or canceled yet, but sources tell CNN that those shows aren’t going to happen and Ariana’s team has also postponed dates in Belgium, Poland, Germany and Switzerland. Another source told Entertainment Weekly that the tour isn’t canceled and they’re not really thinking about that right now.
“Right now, the focus is on the victims and grieving for them. We’re not focused on the tour.”
Sources told TMZ yesterday that Ariana can’t perform right now and is “in hysterics.” She tweeted these simple words last night:
from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don't have words.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) May 23, 2017