The Times of London (via The Daily Mail) says that tomorrow morning in London, detectives will a hold a press conference where they’ll announce that toxicology reports show that 25-year-old Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose. Earlier this month, Peaches’ autopsy came back as “inconclusive” and toxicology tests were ordered.
The Times says that not a trace of the bad shit was found in Peaches’ house at the time of her death, so the police suspect that somebody got rid of the drugs and paraphernalia before the cops showed up. What makes Peaches’ death really eery and sad is that her mother Paula Yates also died of a heroin overdose while taking care of her sister Tiger Lily. Peaches was reportedly taking care of her 11-month-old son Phaedra when she died.
Four years ago, a guy on Reddit wrote about how he had a heroin-fueled one-night-stand with Peaches that ended in a puddle of barf in a sauna at the Scientology Centre. Peaches admitted to messing with the bad shit, but said that she cleaned up and was focusing on being a mom.
The Times of London is supposedly reputable (not as reputable as The Daily Mail, of course), but none of this has been confirmed by the police yet. So there’s still a chance that at tomorrow morning’s inquest, the detective will stand before reporters and say, “Xenu did it!”
UPDATE: Xenu’s off the hook. Det Ch Insp Paul Fotheringham said at the inquest this morning that “recent use of heroin and the levels identified were likely to have played a role in her death.”