Blake Carrington Is Dead

April 2, 2010 / Posted by:

NOOOOOOOO! This news makes me want to put on a Nolan Miller suit and beat a bitch in a fountain!

The legendary John Forsythe, head of the Carrington family and the voice of Charlie, died in Santa Ynez, CA yesterday of complications from pneumonia at the age of 92. John’s family tells Entertainment Tonight, “…He died as he lived his life… with dignity and grace, after a year-long struggle with cancer.”

John’s family says there is no plan for a public memorial. If you’re thinking about sending flowers (which you should be!), the family asks that you make a donation to the American Cancer Society instead.

My only wish this Easter holiday is that Alexis and Krystle get into a catfight at the funeral. It’s what Blake would’ve wanted.

Rest in peace, John. Thank you for memorable works of glamorous art like this:

Tags: ,

93 responses to “Blake Carrington Is Dead”

1. beakers bitch says:

He seemed to have lived and long and full life and worked pretty much up til the end. Still, sads for losing a television legend. RIP John Forsythe.

2. angel_i says:

Submitted by Vern on Fri, 04/02/2010 – 2:10pm.

RIP Original courtship of eddie’s father guy.
    *************************

O cool!

People let me tell you ’bout my best friend
    He’s a warm hearted person who loves me til the end!
    People let me tell you ’bout my BEEEEEST FRIEND!….

♥ Threadkilla!
    Why I love Daniel Tosh:“That skateboard hit him right in the vagina!”

3. Spoiled says:

Just reading about John, ’cause I was pretty sure he was married to one wife for a l-o-n-g time (he was until she passed away). Found out that George Peppard and Angie Dickinson were originally cast as Blake and Crystal on Dynasty.

4. madam ex says:

Sorry- double post, computer is acting like the asshole that is it is 99% of the time, cheap fuckers wont even buy a new one, yet they are open 364 days a fucking year. I NEED TO FIND A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!!

5. madam ex says:

Awwww that is so sad, and he was Charlie in Charlie’s Angels….RIP JOHN!!

6. Glitter.Dust says:

I must be young and nieve, I have no idea who he was. But it is sad when anyone dies.

7. Vern says:

Thanks Angel!
    Now i have that happy song in my head to replace the Fart song for J’Alone!!!
    much better!

You’ve got to be cruel to be kind.

8. Glitter.Dust says:

Lol madam ex, that not good. The desktop I use at the telemarketing dump I work at, has a hell load of problems. It’s not cause the recession either! πŸ™

9. NovaNightly says:

Wow…didn’t know the guy was still alive. Yeah that pneumonia shit is hard on the age-ed ones. πŸ˜›

RIP dude.

^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^
    Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!

10. angel_i says:

Submitted by madam ex on Fri, 04/02/2010 – 2:15pm.

Awwww that is so sad, and he was Charlie in Charlie’s Angels….RIP JOHN!!

*********************************

FINALLY! I thought I would never know this secret!
    OMG – this man! This great man! I never knew you til just now! How bizarre!

♥ Threadkilla!
    Why I love Daniel Tosh:“That skateboard hit him right in the vagina!”

11. flossyb says:

The crowning jewel in his career will alway be “Kitten with a Whip” IMO.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SAVE THE MOON BEARS!

12. Somuchbetterthanyou says:

RIP.
    “Good morning, angels.”

13. Cindyloo says:

He was a class act.

________________________________________________
    “Crocs: They are to your eyes what second-hand smoke is to your lungs.”

14. Dirk Diggler says:

RIP Mr. Forsythe. He was a class act and very much liked by everyone. He will be missed.

15. Ocarina says:

RIP Blake!!!!

16. Infamous says:

I always get this show confused with Dallas or is it Knots Landing *shrugs*

17. Albatross says:

Damn. Well, 92 is a ripe old age. He’ll be missed. πŸ™

Submitted by flossyb on Fri, 04/02/2010 – 2:27pm.
    The crowning jewel in his career will alway be “Kitten with a Whip” IMO.

OMG, yes! I have that movie on VHS; maybe I’ll watch it tonight, in tribute.

**********
    “What he lacked in feet, he made up for in inches.” –BK, on having sex with a midget

18. madam ex says:

@ANGEL, are you being a smartass? Or did you seriously not know it was his voice on the intercom??
    **************************************
    Submitted by madam ex on Fri, 04/02/2010 – 2:15pm.

Awwww that is so sad, and he was Charlie in Charlie’s Angels….RIP JOHN!!

*********************************

FINALLY! I thought I would never know this secret!
    OMG – this man! This great man! I never knew you til just now! How bizarre!

19. Crawford67 says:

Good-bye Angels. πŸ™

20. VenusVibeTrap says:

that’s too bad….

but that video was just too awesome for words!

21. Dog says:

What a lot of class he had. NO ONE could have played Blake (or Charlie) as well as he did. Damn, and I thought he was old on Dynasty! RIP, Mr. Forsythe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I’m not a coke addict – I just like the way it smells.

22. Deb says:

RIP, Mr. Forsythe. The real news reports that he died of pneumonia complications AFTER a year-long battle with cancer. Sad to see him go, but I congratulate him on a good long life. I also thank him for being in “Dynasty”.
    It’s bittersweet to remember how great and corny “Dynasty” was, while learning of “Blake’s” death.
    When you think about it, “Blake Carrington” was quite the Hot Slut. Think about it. All the wonderfully evil things “Alexis” did were mostly because he kicked HER to the curb.

“JUST SMILE LIKE A NORMAL FUCKED UP PERSON.”
    Charles Manson

23. sofster101 says:

why can’t they make shows like this anymore?

24. Dog says:

I just watched the clip. OMG I forgot how deliciously over-acted and cheesy that show was! TOO AWESOME! Dex Dexter. The Prince of Moldavia. Remember when everyone got killed at the wedding? And then they were mostly all alive again by the commercial break????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I’m not a coke addict – I just like the way it smells.

25. Soultonic says:

His voice made women touch themselves. I’m sure some queens sat on a dildo when hearing him too.

*************
    Don’t hate me cause I’m DLeautiful

26. Soultonic says:

I just watched the clip and Dynasty was so fabulous; these rich folks weren’t afraid to choke a bitch. New shows..take notes.

*************