Almost two months ago, Gretchen Carlson (seen above looking like she’s posing for her ConservativeMingle.com profile picture) dropped a sexual harassment lawsuit into the laps of former Fox News chairman (and current Trump employee) Roger Ailes and her former employers at Fox News. Gretchen accused Roger of a mountain of inappropriate stuff, like repeatedly suggesting sex times and allegedly firing her when she refused. Thankfully there will be no courtroom trial in which a prosecutor will hold up a package of raw ground hamburger and ask Roger to show where he asked people to touch him. Vanity Fair says that Gretchen has settled her lawsuit and it only cost 21st Century Fox $20 million.
Roger Ailes is being sued by another former Fox News employee for allegedly acting like a gross piece of trash. I’ll wait while you catch your breath from the lung-clearing “NO!” you probably just shouted after reading that.
Roger Ailes no longer works at Fox News (congratulations Roger, you can now pursue your true calling as a claymation character called Creep E. McGreed from a Rankin/Bass special about Labor Day). But that doesn’t mean he can’t still get sued for the shit he allegedly pulled while he still worked there. According to Deadline, former co-host of The Five and Outnumbered Andrea Tantaros filed a lawsuit in New York yesterday against Roger Ailes and Fox News for nearly $50 million dollars. Andrea claims Fox News was a crappy place for women to work and that there was a whole lot of sexual harassment happening. She’s pointing fingers too: Andrea alleges that Roger Ailes was joined in the Gross Boys Club by Bill O’Reilly and John Roberts.
Not long after former Fox & Friends co-host Gretchen Carlson filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against the now-former Fox News chairman Roger Ailes earlier this month, people started to filter into two groups. There was the group of women who came forward with their own sexual harassment allegations against ol’ raw hamburger crotch. And there was the group that included current Fox News employees – like Greta Van Susteren and Elisabeth Hasselbeck – who were positively shocked that anyone would ever accuse Roger Ailes of doing such grossness.
Around that time, I couldn’t help but wonder what group Fox News’ Megyn Kelly might join. According to New York magazine, Megyn has a side, and it’s not Team Roger. New York says that two sources, who were briefed on 21st Century Fox’s probe of Roger Ailes (“Huh – usually I’m the one doing the probing” thought Roger), claim that Megyn Kelly has recently told investigators about her experience with him. Not shockingly, she accuses him of sexual harassment.
When Gretchen Carlson filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Fox News chairman Roger Ailes one week ago, she didn’t have much to say about it. Her lawyer, Nancy Erika Smith, did most of the talking. Not that she had to, of course; there was enough grossness in that lawsuit to get all the attention it needed on its own.
Since then, lots of people have had things to say about Gretchen’s lawsuit. Several women have come forward with their own accusations against Roger Ailes. Some people at Fox News have come to Roger’s defense, the most recent being talking blonde headache Elisabeth Hasselbeck, and Geraldo Rivera, who described Roger as “about as flirty as the grizzly in The Revenant.” And then there’s Roger Ailes himself, who denies it all. Well, one week later, Gretchen is finally talking publicly about her lawsuit against the lumpy sack of inappropriate horniness.
Last Wednesday, former Fox & Friends co-host Gretchen Carlson filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Fox News chairman and humanoid slug Roger Ailes. Gretchen claimed, among other things, that she was fired after she refused to have sex with Roger. As it turns out, Gretchen isn’t the only one to accuse Roger of creep behavior. According to New York Magazine, six more women have come forward and accused Roger of working his gross old man game on them.