The Claymates Speak!
First of all, thanks to those of you who directed me to this Claymates forum where there's hundreds of messages regarding their idol's big coming out party on the cover of People Magazine. It's nice to see that 98% of them are not bothered at all and will continue to worship at his big gay feet. The other 2% are shocked, confused and hurt, because they felt they were lied to. A couple of them are still waiting for "confirmation," because People Magazine could be telling lies. Hey, whatever gets you through the day.
Here's just a few quotes from Claymates who aren't waving rainbow flags this morning:
"This is a gut wrenching day for The ClayNation. Somebody wake me up, I hope its a dream."
"please tell me I'm not the only one who is shocked beyond belief! I feel numb I'm so upset. This can't be real!! How can you guys say this won't change anything? This changes EVERYTHING. I don't even know what to think right now"
"I wish him well and hope he gets some peace of mind now BUT I feel he lied to everyone-especially us fans. He should have just said so years ago. I feel like we were "used". I still love to hear him sing but I also feel he has now become like a Michael Jackson and it's a bit too weird! He isn't just the plain ordinary person with the values he first stood for.-but it's just my opinion."
"One really sad thing for me that sums this up. THis morning at the breakfast table my 9 and 10 year olds were there and the radio was on and they came on with the headline "FOrmer American Idol..." and I knew what was coming and I ran to turn it off. I didn't want my young children to hear that and ask questions about it. To me this is the saddest thing and the reason I won't be able to hold him as my idol. I remember the day when I ran to turn it on and called all the family to watch with pride. It just seems so in your face now and I don't want exposing my kids to this. "
"I just feel rather silly now having spent the last 5 years drooling over and being fan girly for a singer I thought was straight and now finding out he is gay. It does change my perception of who he is and how I see him. We always called him our boyfriend and that won't be happening anymore."
You know, if I walked by a newsstand one day and saw Rojo Caliente on the cover of a magazine with the words "Yes, I'm straight" written on it, I would probably collapse to the ground. I would be devastated. I would feel bamboozled and confused. So I can completely relate to the Claymates whose world has just crumbled into a million gay pieces.