The L.A. District Attorney Has Dismissed Cases Against Kevin Spacey, Anthony Anderson, And Steven Seagal

September 5, 2018 / Posted by:

Kevin Spacey, Anthony Anderson, and Steven Seagal were all being investigated by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office for various sex crimes cases. The Hollywood Reporter says all three can let out a big sigh of relief, for the District Attorney’s Office has decided not to prosecute any of them. Well, Kevin’s sigh might be just a medium one; he is still under investigation in London, after all.

The DA was investigating Kevin for an alleged sexual assault that took place in 1992, and was reported to police last month, around the same time Billionaire Boys Club tanked at the box office. Last month’s case was the most recent one reported against Kevin Spacey, and I’ll cut to the detail that I’m sure most people are concerned with here: the victim wasn’t a minor at the time of the alleged incident. The case was dropped due to it being older than the statute of limitations. The L.A. County DA is still investigating a case stemming from a report given back in April. It’s not known how that investigation is going, but it’s probably safe to say it’s: gross.

Onto Steven Seagal, who is also probably sending the statute of limitations a gift basket of thanks today. In January, it was reported that the LAPD were investigating the living South Park cartoon for various alleged sexual assaults, including one from 1993 in which a woman named Regina Simons claimed he raped her when she was 18 during the filming of On Deadly Ground. Due to the statute of limitations, Steven couldn’t be prosecuted, which means he can stay in his adopted country of Russia. I’m sure Trump is bummed Steven won’t be making the trip over for a court trial; they could have planned a Fucked-Up Hair Club for Men meeting.

Anthony Anderson’s case was well within the statute of limitations, which means he was the closest to trouble. Back in July, the LAPD Hollywood division launched an assault investigation after a female caterer filed a police report. The details weren’t known, just that Anthony had hired the caterer for a private party, and she alleges something bad happened during a meeting. Anthony denied any wrongdoing. According to THR, the he said/she said stopped there. The woman declined to be interviewed by police after filing the report, which means the case was closed in Anthony’s favor. Officially closed, of course. Something tells me expert interrogator Jenifer Lewis isn’t going to let him off so easy when they reunite on the Black-ish set. “What happened with that caterer, Anthony – what did you do with your drumstick.

Pics: Wenn.com

SHARE
Our commenting rules are pretty simple: If you make any overly offensive comment (racist, bigoted, etc..) or go way off topic when not in an Open Post, your comments will be deleted and you will be banned. If you see an offensive or spammy comment you think should be deleted, flag it for the mods and they'll be forever grateful and give you their first born (although, you probably don't want that).

src="https://c.statcounter.com/922697/0/f674ac4a/1/"
alt="drupal analytics" >