Think you know who Lindsay Shookus is? Well think again! Lindsay gave an explosive interview to Elle magazine (titled Who Is Lindsay Shookus) and revealed that she was raised by circus clowns and that she once ate an entire Piper Cub airplane on a dare! Oh, and she’s the one who did Ben Affleck’s tattoo (she has a matching one on her sternum). These are facts I wish I’d learned reading her interview. Sadly, they are not. They are facts I made up because the truth is; Lindsay’s kind of a snooze. If that’s what you thought you knew about Lindsay Shookus, then, my bad, you were right.
Here’s a summary of Ben’s girlfriend’s interview.
- Please don’t refer to her as Ben Affleck’s girlfriend. She has a name and a real job as an executive producer at Saturday Night Live where she started working as an assistant right out of college.
- Like many young blonde women of her ilk, she attended the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, “where she majored in journalism”.
- She’s good at her job. She helped discover Kristen Wiig (they’re friends now, she’s also friends with Jon Hamm) and Sam Smith (he had nice things to say about her). The Rock thinks she’s great too. Side Note: If you’re gonna go for a famous, problematic boozer, wouldn’t you choose Hamm over Affleck?!
- She gets her highlights done at “Mure Salon on the Upper East Side—Benjamin is the best”
- She once wore high heels when pregnant
- She has a 5-year-old daughter with her ex-husband who she won’t talk about.
That last one there, the husband, I think is the buried lede. Elle says:
Along the way she got married to a coworker, a producer named Kevin Miller, whom she’d met on her first day of work. (I only know this because it’s mentioned in Shookus and Miller’s 2010 New York Times wedding announcement. Shookus is very protective of Miller, who coparents their five-year-old daughter, and of the details of their divorce.)
There’s also this:
There are articles speculating that she was cheating on her ex-husband with Affleck, that he was cheating on Garner with her, that they possibly—no—got together soon after her daughter was born.
I dunno, makes me think this interview was pointless of purpose! I wouldn’t mind reading a real interview with a big shot lady SNL producer, that would be interesting. But who cares about Ben Affleck’s girlfriend if she’s not gonna spill any tea!