Earlier this month, the German news magazine Der Spiegel reported that an American woman, they called “Susan K,” had accused the football-playing piece of overcooked bacon and soon-to-be father of three, Cristiano Ronaldo, of raping her in the penthouse of the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas in 2009. The report claimed that Susan K was scared for her life at the time so she didn’t report it to the police. He reportedly paid her $375,000 in hush money. At the time that Der Spiegel’s report came out, his team basically called the story fake news and said that it was built on unsigned documents and that the alleged victim has never come forward publicly. They made it sound like they were thinking of suing Der Spiegel. But it doesn’t look like they have yet and Der Spiegel has done the opposite of backing down. They doubled down on their story today and published what they claim are signed settlement documents. They also claim they have text messages from Cristiano about the settlement negotiations. Like a giant cloud covering the sun during Crispy’s skin-baking time, Der Spiegel isn’t playing around with him.
The details of Susan K’s allegations are here if you want to read them. Der Spiegel (via Bleacher Report) said today that they got the documents from the whistleblower site Football Leaks and that Cristiano Ronaldo uses the code name “Topher” in them. (“Why it gotta be Topher?” – Topher Grace)
Der Spiegel writes that the meditation meetings between Susan K, her lawyer and Cristiano’s Portuguese lawyer Carlos Osório de Castro happened on January 12, 2010 in Las Vegas. Cristiano wasn’t there but Carlos reportedly texted with him during the negotiations. Susan K cried over Cristiano Ronaldo not being there to face her. The text messages that Der Spiegel claim are between Cristiano and his lawyer read like a negotiation for a damn house.
Forty-seven minutes after the first SMS, Ronaldo received a second message from Las Vegas. This time, it was just a number: “950,000 dollars.” It appears to be the sum that the counterparty was seeking in compensation. Ronaldo wrote back: “That’s the amount?”
Osório de Castro answered: “That is the first demand: That’s 660,000 euros. We won’t accept it. The negotiations are continuing.”
Ronaldo then asked: “Is that too much?” Osório de Castro replied: “I think so. I think we’ll close this for less.”
Ronaldo then demanded: “It has to be less!” His lawyer replied: “OK.”
Der Spiegel says that both sides eventually agreed on a number. Tollin, a firm based in the British Virgin Islands, was reportedly authorized by Cristiano’s lawyers to make the $375,000 settlement payment. The invoices from his lawyers went to the Ireland-based company Multisports & Image Managemen. Both companies have apparently handled his endorsement money for years.
There’s a lot more to Der Spiegel’s report and it all can be read here. This isn’t the first time that Cristiano Ronaldo has been accused of rape. In 2005, a woman accused him of raping her in a hotel in London. Scotland Yard later said there wasn’t enough evidence to charge him.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s lawyers still deny every word of Der Spiegel’s reports. He’s also kept his lips shut about this.
Well, if any of this is true, then I need to apologize to the artiste who sculpted that horrifying, monstrous, nightmarish and shitty Cristiano Ronaldo bust. They may have captured him in his true form.