I know it’s just a coincidence, but I like to think that the “Errr…really?” faces being made by everyone above is a direct reaction to this news.
Because Mickey Mouse gets a major cartoon boner for making money, The Hollywood Reporter says that Disney has officially made plans for a currently-untitled fifth Indiana Jones film. Steven Spielberg has signed on to direct it and Harrison Ford will be back to play Indiana Jones. No word on who else is involved, but I’m really hoping Kate Capshaw throws a perm into those blunt bangs and returns as that jewelry-covered showgirl Willie Scott.
I spent the majority of 2008 letting The Pussycat Dolls’ Doll Domination assassinate my brain cells, so I had a hard time remembering much about the last Indiana Jones movie, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. If you asked me to describe it, I’d probably mumble something about Shia LaBeouf’s low-budget Brando impersonation and Cate Blanchett looking like a Soviet spy Johnny Ramone. But the Internet tells me it made almost $787 million dollars, so that’s probably as good a reason as any for why you should make another one so long after the franchise started.
THR says that this latest Indy movie is scheduled to be released on July 19, 2019. At least that’s the plan so long as Harrison Ford doesn’t die before then. And no, that’s not a “Harrison Ford is old” joke. That a “Harrison Ford keeps almost-dying” joke. But really, I doubt Disney has to worry; if 73-year-old Harrison Ford is able to survive a hydraulic door coming for his ass, he can survive anything. Speaking of, here’s fearless grandpa Harrison Ford strolling the streets of New York City last week.
Pics: Paramount Pictures, Splash