Boys Club was an R&B duo from the late 80s who had one hit with “I Remember Holding You” in the magical year of 1989. Here’s just some of the reasons why they get the HSOTD badge of honor (or dishonor depending on who you ask).
1. Boys Club was made up of Joe Pasquale and Gene Hunt from Minneapolis, MN. Gene Hunt’s born name is Eugene Wolfgramm and he was a founding member with his brothers and sisters of the legendary singing Mormons group known as THE JETS (I’ll wait here while you put on the only Christmas song that matters Christmas In My Heart)! Eugene left The Jets to join Boys Club and went back to The Jets for a quick minute after Boys Club broke up. I am judging Eugene for changing his last name from the iconic name Wolfgramm to Hunt.
2. Boys Club was considered “Minnesota’s version of Wham!” And now I’ve gone from judging Eugene Wolfgramm for changing his name to being jealous of him, because he gets to have the words “was in Minnesota’s version of Wham!” on his tombstone.
3. They were the first musical guest on the Disney Channel’s New Mickey Mouse Club. In the music industry, there are many, many honors, but none is greater than being the first musical guest on the New Mickey Mouse Club.
4. They look like the fourth and fifth place winners of a Richard Marx look-alike contest.
5. Their video for the song “I Remember Holding You” (which is basically a George Michael b-side) is just them staring at some ho sensually hug on a bunch of creepy dudes.
You know, the chick in this video should’ve been HSOTD, because she will have dry hug sex with absolutely anybody!