Joey Kovar from The Real World: Hollywood and Celebrity Rehab was found dead this morning at a friend’s house in Chicago. Joey’s rep tells TMZ that his friend found him with blood coming out of his nose and ears. (Here’s a kitten video of you need one to wash away that last sentence.) Joey was only 29 years old and he leaves behind a daughter.
Joey left The Real World: Hollywood halfway through filming to go to rehab to treat his addiction to booze. Joey came back to the house after 30 days, but left for good, because he was afraid that being there would drive him back to the bottle. At The Real World: Hollywood reunion, he said that he had been sober for around 10 months. But a year later, Joey checked into the third season of Dr. Drew’s Celebrity Rehab, because he wanted to kick his addictions to booze, coke, steroids and other bad shit.
One of Joey’s friends tells E! News that he was completely off illegal shit, but he was popping pills like crazy, “He was prescribed anti-anxiety meds, but he would take so many, he didn’t like the way it made him feel. So he would take Adderall to bring himself back up. I have a feeling his body being pulled in two different directions just overloaded his heart.”
Joey is the third Real Worlder and the fourth Celebrity Rehabber to pass away.