Finally: A Little Lafayette

June 10, 2009 / Posted by:

For those of you skanks who have not finished season 1 of True Blood yet, might want to skip right off of this post, because I might drop a spoiler or two. And my inbox has met its daily quota for “Damn you motherfucker” e-mails. Save it for tomorrow.

All the promo shit I’ve seen for the second season of True Blood has been missing a very important bitch: LAFAYETTE! Yes, I already know that Lafayette is de-de-de-dead. Some dumb ho who read the series already told my ass that he gets killed off in book two. I still don’t want to believe it’s true! There has to be a way for Lafayette to return! Can’t they make his ass a bitchy zombie? This cannot be the end for Lafayette!!!! Oh well. It was nice to see pictures of his ass at the premiere last night even though he was dressed like the “cool” substitute English teacher in high school.

Here’s a few more pictures from last night. They are in order (by character name): LAFAYETTE, a tall glass of Swedish milk, Jason Stackhouse, Vampire Bill, Sookie GAPhouse, Tara, Maryann, Rene and the cast.

100 responses to “Finally: A Little Lafayette”

1. putas says:

Stephen wotsit is WAY too fucking hot for Anna P. She looks old as dirt in these pictures.. what?

I like her haircut though. yep.

2. stefystef says:

Lafayette better live or I’m going to go after Alan Ball.

Lafa is the only gay, black guy on TV that is actually interesting! (Tyler Perry doesn’t count) so I don’t know why Ball, an opening gay man himself, would kill off the one of the only gay characters on TV!

There better be a chance from the book dammit!
    Lafayette RULES!!!
    ____________________________________________________________
    There’s no crying in butt sex!- Michael K

3. Trini says:

Yeah I knew he was dead by the end of Season 1. I’m not pissed anymore, I’ve come to terms with it. It just sucks tho…you know *tear* …

4. stefystef says:

Also, I heard that the fake exorcist or Tara’s momma might be in the back of the car, so there’s still hope for our little Lafayette.
    ____________________________________________________________
    There’s no crying in butt sex!- Michael K

5. xerquina says:

@ Master Blaster. true Blood is waaaaaay better than twilight.it’s like comparing Mary Shelley to RL Stine.

————————

6. Molotov Cocktease says:

snowpiece – I had a hard time with it too. I don’t think I even finished it. I tried to read the book too, and same thing, couldn’t finish it.

Tara’s body is off da chain tho.

*********
    I haven’t read the books or anything but is the female lead a robot? Is that what this shit is about? A vampire’s love for a robot? If that’s the case, then it all makes sense. – Master Blaster reviews Twilight

7. Gry says:

Yes, the show is instantly addictive.

The writers need to make him like Laura Palmer where he gets lots of flashbacks or a twin blows into town.

Who killed Lafayette? A ravenous, blind-with-bloodlust Bill? Bill’s new “daughter”? Vamps settling the score for dumb motherfucker Ryan’s and his accomplice whore’s murder of Laf’s vampire john? Laf’s closet case politician/client?

I can’t take not knowing.

8. JillyPoo says:

Mmmmm, Alexander Skarsgard, the things I would do to you…

I’m convinced that Lafayette is either not dead or has been made into a vampire. If he IS dead and won’t be on the show as much, I will be seriously crushed. I LOVE LAFAYETTE!

————————————————
    “F*ck you Tyra Banks, Oprah, Magic Johnson, Tiger Woods, Rockefeller. F*ck you.” – La Pequena Hillary Clinton, 6/17/08

9. snowpiece says:

Molotov :the more people tell me how much they love it I feel like I should give it another chance…

****************************
    “This is MK. He started it” angel_i
    “let me tell you something about my family WE ARE AS TIK AS TIEVES”
    “its 1492!! Come on people!!!” provolone

10. jamiedc78 says:

Oh how I love the TB and AS (tall glass of swedish milk). The books are quite awesome and you really should give them a try!

It does suck Lafayette is gone, but the new season is finally here!!!

It’s all about the TB/AS/EN!

11. JillyPoo says:

Submitted by stefystef on Wed, 06/10/2009 – 1:12pm.

I hope that’s the case! Lafayette did die in the beginning of book 2, but Alan Ball has already veered away from the books in soooo many ways. If he knows what’s good for him, he’ll have kept Lafayette around!
    ————————————————

12. letinstar says:

lafayette was the main reason i enjoyed “true blood”….i want the powers to figure out a way to keep lafayette…
    _____________________________________________
    a wet pussy and a dry purse don’t match….

13. JillyPoo says:

Snowy, yes, do try watching again! I love this show, but I’ll be the first to admit that things were a little slow during the first part of the season. Once you get to episode 5, however, the action picks up. You’ll be hooked 🙂

————————————————

14. Molotov Cocktease says:

snowpiece… My bestie absolutely loves it and her picks are usually pretty golden, but it was always bordering on ludicrous to me. Lafayette definitely made it worth watching, and once I heard he was gone, I was like fuggit! Let’s both try to watch it again and reconvene and share our thoughts.

*********

15. Provolone says:

Submitted by snowpiece on Wed, 06/10/2009 – 1:15pm.

i picked up this show half way through the 1st season and thought it was great.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
    “I’ve met Janeane Garofalo and she’s a cunt”-Artie Lange

16. Master Blaster says:

Submitted by xerquina
    __________________________________________________

I’m jumping out of this thread because people are giving away all kinds of plot points and I like surprises.

################################################
    Boredom’s not a burden anyone should bear.
    ################################################

17. snowpiece says:

Molotov: sounds like a plan, I know, me too the people who are recommending it are for the most part people who I consider to have good taste in such matters.

****************************
    “This is MK. He started it” angel_i
    “let me tell you something about my family WE ARE AS TIK AS TIEVES”
    “its 1492!! Come on people!!!” provolone

18. stefystef says:

Submitted by JillyPoo on Wed, 06/10/2009 – 1:16pm.

********************************************************************

You are right, Alan Ball has changed alot from the book. I don’t even know if Lafayette was African American in the books (I know Tara was white).

I hope that the fan outcry made Ball change his mind and keep Lafayette. Really, Nelsen Ellis (Lafayette) makes the show! *l*
    ____________________________________________________________
    There’s no crying in butt sex!- Michael K

19. ILovePapaSmurf says:

“Submitted by Master Blaster on Wed, 06/10/2009 – 1:20pm.

Oh my god. Is it OK if I use this as my new signature? I’ll give ya credit.

And I am super de dooper excited for the new season of “True Blood” to start Sunday.
    ————————————–
    Kiss and tell as you take me on a Disco Fantasy:

20. tess89 says:

Did someone knock RL Stine? Back in junior high I was seriously addicted to his Fear Street series. Good stuff.

21. DirtyWhoreMouth says:

Love love LOVE this show.. AND Lafayette. Bummer about him getting kilt off. (that’s how they say it in the south)

**********************************************
    You say potato, I say vodka!

22. xerquina says:

i knew this would happen when they offed Dawn.

this is by far the best scene that she was involved in;

————————

23. DirtyWhoreMouth says:

I want to do naughty things to Jason Stackhouse.

**********************************************
    You say potato, I say vodka!

24. Oxygen says:

I love all these bitches, especially that tall AS glass of milk. GOT MILK…yea bitch…I got your milk alright…that just made me gag a little in my mouf.

I’m sure they’ll find a way to bring that funny bitch Lafayette back.

Or else…

25. Master Blaster says:

@ILovePapaSmurf: It’s all yours!

################################################
    Boredom’s not a burden anyone should bear.
    ################################################

26. ILovePapaSmurf says:

Can I just say how much I fancy Sam. That man is hot sauce. And he can sing. Swoooon!
    ————————————–
    “The Count on Sesame Street is scarier and more captivating than those preening whack vamps from Twilight.” DListed user Master Blaster 6/09/09 (So true!)